Mannix College Old Collegians Association (MOCA)
MOCA is the official alumni association of Mannix College, run by a volunteer committee of Old Collegians.
Stay in Touch
Are you an Old Coll of Mannix College looking to stay in touch with our extensive alumni network?
We have recently launched a state of the art website that provides a secure and private home to share your memories and update your colleagues on what you are doing now.
Sign up now so you can join in on the fun and reconnect with old friends and colleagues ahead of Mannix’s 50th Anniversary celebrations next year.
You will also receive:
- Invites to all of our upcoming social, sporting and career building events;
- Latest news from your fellow Old Colls and from around the College’
- Access to our online network of hundreds of Mannix Old Colls’ and
- More promotions and prizes than you can poke a stick at!
Mission and Purpose
MOCA’s mission is threefold:
- To provide opportunities for former residents of the College to meet;
- To maintain a link between the College and its former residents, and;
- To provide support to the College by encouraging its development, and perpetuation.
MOCA’s primary purpose is to promote networking between fellow Old Colls through social events and reunions, and to strengthen the connection between Old Colls and College. Ultimately it acts to keep alumni in touch with each other and with happenings at the College.
MOCA also serves to represents the interests of Old Collegians in any College related matters.
MOCA operates as an important value-adding conduit between Old Collegians, current residents, College Administration and the College Council. In this way, MOCA aims to contribute through such means as:
- Promoting reunions and social events for alumni;
- Publishing an annual publication for Old Collegians;
- Promoting the involvement of MOCA members in College affairs;
- Promoting MOCA/MCSS joint events such as MOCA Sports Day;
- Awarding scholarships to students who contribute significantly to the life of the College; and expanding the College scholarship base generally;
- Selling College merchandise in conjunction with MCSS; and
- Helping the Mannix College Students’ Society (MCSS) and its student members in relation to careers evenings, mentoring (academic/sporting etc.) and other matters;
- Acting as a custodian of the traditions and standards of Mannix College.